Event Phone: 083 302 2784
52km Ultra Marathon & 21,1km & 10km & 5km
7 March 2020
- Start & Finish – Bloemfontein Achilles Sport Centre c/o Att Horak Street & Parfitt Avenue
- Manual Entries – 4th to 6th of March at Bloemfontein Achilles Sport entre from 17:30 – 20:00
- Race Number Collection – 7 March at Bloemfontein Achilles Sport Centre from 04:00 until 15 min before each race
- No entries on race day
- Distance Markers – every kilometer
- Refreshment Points – every 3km (Twizza & Water)
- ER24 – Medical Support on site
- Free Twizza – for all finishers
- Cut-off Times: 52km – 6 Hours 30 min & 21,1km – 3 hours & 10km – 2 hours
- Only registered athletes with an official 2020 ASA licence number will be able to participate in the 52km
- Medals for all finishers
- Gold medals and prize money for official category winners 52km & 21,1km & 10km (athlete must be present)
- Prize giving for 52km at 12:15
- Prize giving for 21,1km and 10km at 09:15
Entry Fees and Starting Times
- 52km – R250 – starts at 05:30
- 21,1km – R180 – starts at 06:00
- 10km – R150 – starts at 06:30
- 5km – R60 – starts at 07:00
- Temp Licence – R50 each
For Queries Contact
- Kotie Landman – 082 457 7605 (Administrator)
- Beverley Olivier – 071 895 3183 (Administrator)
- Gordon van Wyk – 083 302 2784 (Event Manager)
- Andries van Zyl – 082 763 8752 (Technical Administrator)
- Stef Young – 071 602 3110 (Safety Officer)
- Athletes must be members of an affiliated club to qualify as category winners.
- Club athletes dressed in club colors must wear an official ASA 2020 Licence number on the front and back of their vest.
- Temporary ASA number to be worn on the front of the vest. No insurance cover on temporary licence number. Race number to be worn on the front of the vest.
- Minimum Age Restriction: 52km: 20yrs , 21.1km: 16 yrs , 10km: 14yrs
- All marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules must be obeyed. Failing to do so may lead to disqualification.
- Check points on route; keep left at all times. In case of an emergency report to the next water point.
- All walkers and runners participate at their own risk. Race walkers need to wear a “W” tag if competing for prize money.
- Due to the nature of the course, no wheelchairs, prams, blades, animals, cyclists or mechanically operated devices are allowed excluding hearing aids.
- Age category tags must be worn on the front and back to qualify as category winners.
- Entry forms must be completed in full. If not, the athlete will be disqualified from the race and will not receive a medal or prize money. Category winners must wear club kit at prize giving.
- An emergency number of a family member MUST be provided.
- Proof of age must be provided on race day if requested. (ID / Passport / Birth Certificate / Drivers licence)
- The organizers reserve the right to return any entry not in the spirit of the race.
- All winners need to attend the prize giving. Failing to do so will result in forfeiture of incentives.
- The decision of the organization will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Foreign athletes competing for prize money must produce a clearance certificate from their national bodies to compete in SA. This must be handed in to officials before entering for the event. Foreign athletes will be approved for competition by ASA only.
- Participants must take responsibility for actions when disposing litter (water sachets, foam cups, plastic bottles) which could lead to disqualification (Environmental rule 28).
- The race is run according to the rules of World Athletics, ASA and AFS.
Manual Entries will take place at Bloemfontein Achilles:
Wednesday to Friday 17:30 to 20:00
No late entries will be allowed on Saturday
SWASAP 7 March 2020
- SWASAP 7 March 2020
05:30 - 12:30